RESANON 100i (CAS reg. N°: 25054-06-2) is ketone resin based on cyclohexanone-formaldehyde. It is neutral, light in colour, and inert to saponification.
RESANON 100i (CAS reg. N°: 25054-06-2) is ketone resin based on cyclohexanone-formaldehyde.
It is neutral, light in colour, and inert to saponification.
RESANON 100i is soluble toluene, alcohols, ketones, acetates, glycols, chlorinated solvents whereas is not soluble aliphatic hydrocarbons, white spirit, mineral oils.
RESANON 100i belong to modifier resins in mixture with: Nitrocellulose (NC), Acetyl Propionate/Cellulose Acetate Butyrate (CAP/CAB), Polyvinyl butyral (PVB), Polyvinyl Resins (PVC = chloride, PVAC = acetate), Polyamide Resins (PA), Vinylite VAGH.
RESANON 100i is not subject to saponification and has good resistance to acid and alkalis.
RESANON 100i can be modified with; Isophorone Diisocyanate (IPDI), Diphenil Isocyanate (MDI), Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI), Hexamethylene Diisocyanate (HDI).
|Colour (Gardner scale 1963 - 50% toluene)|
|Softening point - Ball & Ring (°C)|
104 – 107
|Water content (%)|
|Hydroxyl number (mgKOH/g)|
185 – 220
|Acid value (mgKOH/g)|
Big-bags containing 500 Kg net on shrink-filmed pallets loading 1000 Kg net, Paper bags containing 25 Kg net on shrink-filmed pallets loading 1000 Kg net
Store in a cool and dry place
The product, is not been classified as a dangerous material so no under ADR restrictions
- Suitable for PUR systems;
- In the self-levelling floors for building constructions;
- RESANON 100i can be used with Polyols and modified with isocyanates;
- Ball-point pen pastes, printing inks based on polyvinyl butyral and nitrocellulose alkyd resin to improve drying, adhesion and gloss;
- Hot melt compounds to protect mechanical parts;
- Paper coating varnishes;
- Manufacture of ball pen inks, flexographic inks, printing inks;
- Chlorinated rubber paints;
- Rotogravure Inks;
- Cellulose Lacquers;
- Vinyl Sealer and Coatings;
- Laminating Inks;
- Primer Coatings;
- Heat-Seal Coatings;
- Hot Foil Stamping;
- Rubber compositions;
- Tie coatings;
- Anticorrosive coatings;
- Good resistance at high temperature and corrosion in mixture with siloxane resins;
- Improve the compatibility of the components, dispersing for paste;
- Coating for varnishes, coating for traffic Island, coating for varnishes of plastic materials.